Super Bowl, Sponsorships and Agencies with Quicken Loans Marketing Director Casey Hurbis
Today we’re talking about the Super Bowl commercial that launched earlier this year and how it happened, the relationship with Jason Momoa, and the company’s partnership with the NFL. We also discuss other sports sponsorships and the impact of Quicken Loans on Detroit.
Hurbis begins by telling us what turns him on about Detroit and shares the success of Quicken Loan as America’s largest lender. It gives a behind-the-scenes look at the process of creating a Super Bowl commercial and building a relationship with Jason Momoa, who had never agreed to a paid sponsorship before.
Hurbis highlights the ambition of his team by discussing their approach to partnerships. He says, “We are used to doing things that have never been done before. They also used these referrals to improve their community. Hurbis explains: “We want to be able to do good for the community, but also to highlight our city. Next, we hear Hurbis’ take on running a large internal agency. This conversation gives us a glimpse of a brand with ambitious campaigns and a commitment to their local community.
Highlights from this week’s “Marketing Today”:
- Casey describes what turns him and the company on about Detroit. (01:58)
- Casey tells us how business is going. (03:56)
- A behind-the-scenes look at her much-loved Super Bowl commercial. (06:22)
- How Casey thinks about sponsorships and their potential. (2:00 p.m.)
- The partnerships Casey has been most enthusiastic about with other sponsors. (17:39)
- Quicken Loans has one of the largest in-house agencies in the world and they are growing. (22:05)
- Casey’s advice to other marketing directors considering an internal model. (26:34)
- The advice Casey would give his young self. (30:56)
- The most impactful purchase he has made in the past 6-12 months is $ 100 or less. (33:52)
- Casey’s take on the top opportunities or threats facing marketers today. (35:42)
Connect with the guest:
Connect with Marketing Today and Alan Hart:
Alan B. Hart is the Creator and host of “Marketing Today with Alan Hart, A weekly podcast where he interviews global marketing professionals and business leaders. Alan advises executives and marketing teams on brand, customer experience, innovation and growth opportunities. He has consulted with Fortune 100 companies, but is an entrepreneur to his core, having founded or been the leader of nine startups.